2. Information We Collect
LocalAdventures.travel collects personal information only to the extent necessary to deliver the services, products, or information you request. We collect information that you provide directly to us.
In the course of offering or providing services to you, LocalAdventurescollects, holds, uses, and discloses, only as necessary, the following personal information from customers and others: full name, age, home address, phone number, email address, passport and travel medical information (where required), insurance details, ISIC information (where applicable), nationality, residency, nutrition preferences, trip evaluations, travel and accommodation preferences, comments you provide to us, trip destination information, credit card and/or other payment information, etc. We collect this information so we can provide services to you as requested.
Our website and our third-party vendors use analytics data for a variety of purposes, such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn facts like what pages are most attractive to all our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns. Please read more about how data is processed in connection with Google Analytics here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
3. Using Information We Collect
At LocalAdventures, we always want to provide you with the best possible travel experience and we want your trip to exceed all your expectations. To facilitate this, we use the personal information you give us for the services and/or products you have requested.
This includes using information we collect to:
• Provide you with information about LocalAdventuresand our services.
• Receive feedback about or reviews of those services.
• Provide custom itineraries for our trips.
• Make bookings for our trips.
• Ensure the safety and security of our passengers and products.
• Provide ongoing service and support, including resolving any issues with the services or products you request from LocalAdventures.
• Carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
• Understand your needs as a customer and determine your eligibility for our products and services.
• Provide information about our services, or services of our partners that may be of interest to you.
• Carry out internal administration of our business.
• Comply with any laws or immigration regulations.
4. Information We Share
As you would expect, we must provide certain information to third-party partners and suppliers to facilitate your booking and provide you with the service(s) you have requested.
LocalAdventureswill share your information with the outside suppliers (such as guides, travel companies, hotel companies, insurance companies, equipment suppliers, promotional co-sponsors, and credit card processing entities etc., all of which may be located outside your country of residence and be governed by different privacy legislation) who perform services on our behalf. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and we work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. Please be assured that these companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes and from sharing this information with anyone beyond the ordinary course of conducting the companies’ business.
5. Web Cookies (not Oreo cookies)
A web cookie or browser cookie is a small piece of data that a server sends to a user's web browser. When you visit a particular website, a cookie may be used to track your browser’s activities as well as provide you with a consistent, more efficient experience.